Settings / Domain Protection
In this section we provide an overview of content protection available for the Viqeo Player.
Before you begin
To manage Content Protection you must hold a Semi-Pro, Pro, Pro+, Enterprise or DIgital Media plan.
You can limit the domains where players can be used by setting Domain restrictions on your video player. If the player publishing code is copied and used on another site, domain restrictions would prevent the player from loading any videos. If one of your viewers has visited your website, checked the source section of your webpage and copied the embed code of the video you published, this person would not be able to use the video on his site if domain name restrictions were used.
Domain restrictions setup
Here's how to how to configure domain restrictions for your Viqeo player:
- In your Personal account go to the 'Settings > Project Settings' page.
- Navigate to 'Content protection' section.
- Toggle the button to 'Activate'.
- There are 2 ways for you to setup domain restrictions
- You can allow showing video content only on selected websites. In order to do that add the website by inserting its address in the input field and pressing 'Add'.
- You can restrict selected websites from showing your content. In order to do that add the website by inserting its address in the input field and pressing 'Add'.
Domain restricted players are not compatible with AMP integrations. This is because the AMP integration creates an iframe which in turn isn't supported by domain restricted players.